Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 10: Fish pan-fried

Another long and very eventful day at the US open. I'll try to be brief because I'm tennised-out again and I've got to recharge my batteries for Muller v. Federer and Roddick v. Djokovic.

Safina over Penneta, 6-2, 6-2. More of the same for the up and coming russian who will now face Serena aka ain't no mountain high enough Williams in the semis.

Serena over her big sis, 7-6, 7-6. Venus goes 0-10 on set points! That has to be a record. She could have easily won this match but she lost the big points. That's what it so often comes down to: Who can deal with the "nerve-racking" points. Still, this was a very entertaining match that was played with a feverish sentiment. As I watched, I was quite convinced that the sisters were playing for keeps. It really does add such an interesting dynamic, watching sisters compete.



Andy aka dandy andy Murray over Del Potro 7-6,7-6, 4-6, 7-5. Murray wasn't perfect, but he was pretty damn good. Del Potro: I saw something I really liked from this kid, and will look forward to his 2009.

Nadal over Mardy aka Pan-fried Fish, 3-6, 6-1, 6-4, 6-2. Great 1st set from Fish but he exited stage left after that. Nadal is just too tough but he does seem a little more "touchable" on hard-court.